09-12-2010, 08:52 PM

The Medley, canonically, Wrote:maledicta
time holds its sway
december stalls you, says "that's a laughable way"
oh, once you've had bad credit, you'll never forget you had it

this extra skin that i carry around
it's not part of me—it's just something i found
some gorilla had your sister on the ground

In the interest of Cards On the Table week at the HDBB, I'm re-upping this live show. Some gorilla had your sister on the ground, and you deserve to hear about it! Download it here, friends.

Also, if you go back to Page 2 of this thread, you'll see lyrics that you might have forgotten existed. Make sure you make it all the way to the bottom of the page. Hidden treasures!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Scottique Wrote:In the interest of Cards On the Table week at the HDBB, I'm re-upping this live show. Some gorilla had your sister on the ground, and you deserve to hear about it! Download it here, friends.

Also, if you go back to Page 2 of this thread, you'll see lyrics that you might have forgotten existed. Make sure you make it all the way to the bottom of the page. Hidden treasures!
I know this has been posted before, but thanks a lot for re-upping it! I never managed to have a listen before now.
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM

Scottique Wrote:Some gorilla had your sister on the ground, and you deserve to hear about it!
That made me laugh last night.
Find all posts by this user
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM

Sorry to double post, but I was really curious about the date and location regarding the recently re-posted Harvey Danger set from Chicago, featuring (among other songs) "The Medley."

I didn't see this information posted here, so in case any of you are curious, the show was performed for Q101's Jamboree music festival on May 23, 1998, at the New World Music Theater, Tinley Park, IL. There were two stages set up, the Main Stage apparently indoors, and the 2nd stage out in the lot. HD played the second stage, as evidenced on the recording.

In terms of evidence, the only things that I was able to draw from the recording was that it occurred in Chicago, that They Might Be Giants took the stage after Harvey Danger, and that it was a festival put on by Q101. The magics of the googles led me here, then here, then here. So there you go.
06-08-2016, 06:00 AM
RE: Medley?
Because none of the other pictures show up any more:

[Image: 25.-1971-Lidsville-Lunch-Box.jpg]

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
07-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Col. Green Fortune Cookie looks pretty dismayed at his situation

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-21-2016, 09:06 PM
I saw this thread pop up, and I opened my file browser and searched for "Harvey Danger Medley," and I gasped when it showed up.

Mediafire and Yousendit, haha. Let me just upload it to YouTube. It's an Unlisted file, meaning you have to have this link, and I didn't tag it or mention the band name in it, because this is more-or-less just for us.

Please enjoy it with me, anybody who's left. I miss these guys dearly. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZvwa0utk0
07-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Scottique! Familiar themes in a different package.
07-22-2016, 08:08 PM
So, did that kid's neck actually break?

But there's no later
Is there?
07-23-2016, 08:13 PM
if anyone ever finds that failure/joy division-sounding song, i would pay...at least $20 to hear it. (im poor)

.. has that description, but not being able to hear it, haunted anyone else for a long time..?
07-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Scottique striking gold!

To my dismay, it looks like last.fm has a ton of broken links, with titles but no files anymore. It's been a treat looking up old YouTube shows and other live tracks, though. Youtube has some great Beatles covers, if you search "Sean Nelson Seattle Rock Orchestra".

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Honestly, "Wedlock" is my holy grail.

I wouldn't turn an opportunity to hear "NRVS," but I'm kind of glad Harvey Danger didn't become known as the "Hot for Teacher" band.

But there's no later
Is there?