Troll(s)
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Troll(s)
This isn't a life(or even board)-threatening issue, but is there any point to keeping SAVEITFORLATER! around? Can he be kicked out easily enough? He's certainly easy to ignore/mock, but why waste the space?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2006, 12:00 AM

oh man, I smell disaster upon the wind...

wait, thats just my breath.
09-27-2006, 05:39 AM

Unless he's a spambot or an asshole, I don't think anyone has the right to kick him off. Also, ignoring him doesn't take up any space, so I would go that route if he's bothering you. This isn't Survivor or anything.
09-27-2006, 06:25 AM

Last board member left gets a million... and remember I'm the one everyone hates so you want to keep me to the final two so you are assured of winning it all! :wink:
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Gimpy, I do think he's an asshole and I'd bet there's a pretty clear consensus on that. I'm not for throwing everyone off who says anything disagreeable, but in this particular instance I think it's apparent that this guy is worthless. I know ignoring him takes up no space, I'm saying regardless of any or no response to him, he's taking up space.
09-27-2006, 10:44 AM

It could be argued that all this entire BOARD does is take up space, but I see where you're coming from. Everyone chooses his/her internet persona. It shouldn't be up to the admins or anybody else to decide which ones are worthwhile and which are not. I know I don't say the most productive stuff around here (see my "Shit Talk" thread for proof), I just know how to be nonoffensive with it. I think there are more than a few members around here that are a couple off-color comments away from being deemed non-essential. But all you gotta do is keep scrolling....

Oh, and Diatribein, nobody hates you. You just like to think they do. Smile
09-27-2006, 11:17 AM

Just ignore it, if there's anything that annoys a Troll most its a lack of attention.
09-27-2006, 03:41 PM

This page ought to load "Ignore Me" in its entirety. Or in MIDI format at least.
09-28-2006, 09:33 PM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:This page ought to load "Ignore Me" in its entirety. Or in MIDI format at least.

now thats an issue I could get behind!

[Image: bwp4.gif]
09-30-2006, 11:06 AM

If Julie Frye hasn't been banned, then this guy won't be banned, but he's getting up to her level. It's just as easy to ignore it all though. Especially when insulting random board members for acceptance turns into a normal thing.

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
10-01-2006, 07:23 AM

Julie's mildly inflammatory comments are overridden by her awesomely weird syntax and comments. This guy is the most irritating person that exists. Think about it; he's That Guy.

If we can't ban him, could the mods at least change his status from "listens to KJV" to "That Guy"? Because that would make it funny.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
10-01-2006, 08:06 AM

haha, that would be pretty good

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
10-02-2006, 08:47 AM

Accute schizophrenia and bipolar disorder gives you an excuse. Assholishness is no excuse.
10-02-2006, 01:13 PM

Brant Wrote:Accute schizophrenia and bipolar disorder gives you an excuse. Assholishness is no excuse.

Signed. I've probably given Julie a hard time at one point or another, but she's not really trying to bother everyone.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
10-04-2006, 09:54 AM

That may be so, but I consider freedom of speech (even if it's assholish) vital to any society, online or offline. I'm not defending him by any means... I just look at his comments, sometimes disagree, and after saying "what a f*ck stick", laugh it off. However, this whole thread goes against the idea of ignoring him... so perhaps we should just shrug it of and continue on with having fun on here, no?

Franky

PS - The best part about reading Julie's post is that sometimes I have no clue as to what she's trying to get across...