Champaign/Chicago shows
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Champaign/Chicago shows
This is pretty last minute, but would anyone in the Champaign/Chicago area be willing to let a fellow fan sleep on their floor for a night or two? Those two shows are the closest HD is coming to me, but I live about 6 hours away, I'd really like to see them both, but I don't have enough money for gas, tickets, and a hotel. I'm clean, and easy to get along with.

I'll make it one way or another, but a free floor is nicer than the car.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Re: Champaign/Chicago shows
I was supposed to have five friends fight over one sofa and one spare room. Two have had to cancel. In case of another cancellation, come on over.
09-28-2006, 07:06 AM

I would offer, but I'm dogsitting. I hope you find a place!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2006, 07:50 AM

Thanks Aj, but Johnny's got me covered.
09-28-2006, 08:44 AM

For the Chicago show:
If you need it, I have a futon as well. Contact info will be sent via pm.

Also:
I talked to the guys at the venue and they said it might sell out, so you know.
09-28-2006, 08:25 PM

I'm flying in from Atlanta for this one!

I just booked a hotel for this show. I'm staying at the Courtyard Mariott at Midway Hotel, which runs a 24-hour shuttle to and from Midway Airport. If anybody wants to go in on the room with me, I'm happy to share--I'm a white-collar-office-job kid, recent college grad, pretty much the least scary person you could possibly meet, and probably shouldn't have paid what I paid for the room. PM me if you're interested in sharing. :-)

Will anybody at this show have a car? From the timetables I'm seeing on the Chicago public transit websites, it looks like the last trains run back to the hotel area around 1:00 AM, and then don't start again until 5:00 AM. I doubt this shindig will be over by 1:00 AM (...right?) and I'd rather not fool around with finding a taxi at that time of night. Could I give somebody gas money in exchange for a ride to the hotel?

I can't wait for this show!
09-28-2006, 09:43 PM

I shall post the set list before bed.
09-29-2006, 01:12 AM

Bad sound but a good time tonight at The Courtyard. The set list is similar to last night but a surprise to me because I purposely put off looking.

HUMILITY
BOWIE
BASTARDS
HERO
CARLOTTA
PICTURE*

WINE WOMEN
MIRRORS*
CENTRALIA

PROBLEMS
PITY&FEAR*
COOL JAMES
AUTHENTICITY
SWEETHEART

PIKE STREET*
HELICOPTER
RADIO SILENCE*

*highlight

"Picture, Picture" had about a five-minute instrumental intro as Sean warmed up the crowd. "Little Round Mirrors" became a medley with the second verse, but I hate to give away with what so soon. "Authenticity" was true to the demo with the intro. The only deviation was "Terminal Annex" and "Old Hat" before "Radio Silence," both by request. Thanks to An Object Lesson, captainbanjo, and Flynn for flanking me stage left.

Any interest in The Rikters's set list? Also, pictures sooner or later.
09-29-2006, 09:28 AM

i was there also last nite pretty damn awesome show, i was kind of hoping for sad sweetheart to be played on the piano, but it was awesome nonetheless.
welp looks like we are following them up to madison then to chicago. hopefully i'm not dirt poor by the time i get back to st. louis.

http://somehowimpregnant.blogspot.com
09-29-2006, 10:17 AM

i wonder why no flagpolesitta. not that they needed to play it. but i wonder why they chose to play it at minneapolis, since the sets are somewhat similar. i'm sure they are sick of playing it, but its a fun live song.
09-29-2006, 11:43 AM

nateraabe Wrote:i wonder why no flagpolesitta. not that they needed to play it. but i wonder why they chose to play it at minneapolis, since the sets are somewhat similar. i'm sure they are sick of playing it, but its a fun live song.

on all the playlists i've seen, flagpole appears in parentheses or with a question mark. i assume that it's written into the set but when they get to that point they gauge the crowd and decide whether or not it's worthwhile/necessary/desired by the people.
09-29-2006, 06:54 PM

Venue questions for Saturday's show...

What's the door time? I can't find it anywhere.

(Or is that an odd question for the venue? I read a review that talked about it as being a bar in the front and a performance space in the back; is the idea that we loiter in the bar all afternoon waiting for door time?)

Photos allowed, or not-so-much?

Is somebody recording this show? Please? I'm not going to bother being the ridiculous girl trying to record the concert using her cell phone if somebody's going to record it properly.

Will there be merchandise? Lovely, lovely merch?
10-01-2006, 12:12 AM

Just got back to the hotel from the show.

FUCKING AWESOME.

That pretty much made my life.

Will post with more coherence and thought when I'm not (A) drunk and (B) need to catch my flight in a couple hours.

I AM SITTING IN CHICAGO DYING OF HAPPY.

The end.
10-01-2006, 04:12 AM

There was no set list tonight, but I took notes on a napkin.

Schubas Tavern
September 30, 2006

01. Humility on Parade
02. Oh! You Pretty Things
03. Cream and Bastards Rise
04. Meetings with Remarkable Men (Show Me the Hero)
"You never got over Jodeci."
05. Carlotta Valdez
"This is way more fun than OysterFest 2000."
06. Picture, Picture
07. Wine, Women, and Song
08. Little Round Mirrors/Paradise City*
09. Moral Centralia
10. Problems and Bigger Ones
11. Ballad of the Tragic Hero (Pity and Fear)
12. Terminal Annex
13. Authenticity
14. (Theme from) Carjack Fever*

*highlight

I had watercress before the show and forgot to check it for weevils.
10-01-2006, 05:27 AM

That's such a fucking cool set. I am hoping and a-waiting for bootlegs from this tour to start showing up on the Archive.