Canadian Dilemma: Harvey or Hockey?
08-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Canadian Dilemma: Harvey or Hockey?
I was pleased at punch to hear Harvey Danger will be playing in Montreal. I've been hoping for so long that my all time favorite band would play a show only 2 hours away from my home town of Ottawa.

but then i looked at the date of the show.. October 4th. The beginning of the 06/07 NHL hockey season. What will i ever do? Watch my Ottawa Senators take on the HATED Toronto Maple Leafs... OR go watch the band that heavily influenced my music taste (before WHATMG i'd listen to Spice Girls and Meat Loaf.. but Meat Loaf still rocks!)

Its actually not much of a tough choice. i'll be in Montreal on October 4th ready to rock out to HD! but i will wear my Senators jersey! plus hit the bars after to watch the highlights!

I"M SOOOO EXCITED!! only 2 months away!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2006, 06:07 PM

Well, yes, Harvey obviously. Because as Sean has pointed out, this may be the last time they ever do this.

SO, LIKE, IF YOU COULD THROW IN A UK DATE BEFORE RETIRING, THAT'D BE MUCH APRECIATED Sad
08-05-2006, 06:29 PM

Actually with enough effort (I think) privateering to the alternative lovly Brits, A UK show would work.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2006, 08:30 PM

Just hop on the next boat over to Canada and you are good, EH!
08-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Re: Canadian Dilemma: Harvey or Hockey?
Warmeo Wrote:Its actually not much of a tough choice. i'll be in Montreal on October 4th ready to rock out to HD! but i will wear my Senators jersey! plus hit the bars after to watch the highlights!

Besides, Toronto looks just as bad as they did last season. The Sens should have a good game. However, I'll be home catching the Sabres face off against the (Defending Stanley Cup Champions) 'Canes, instead of voyaging up to Montreal.

Visit me or don't.
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM

haha wanna hear a maple leaf joke?

last october why were the maple leafs so hungry when they left ottawa? cuz the leafs 8-0!! ahahahah

any non-hockey fans out there.. my Ottawa sens beat the leafs 8-0 in a hockey game.. and thats an ASS WHOPPING!

glad to see other peeps think the leafs suck!
08-06-2006, 09:48 PM

The Canes-Sabres rematch in Buffalo is on October 20th, I'm going to try to be there. We've got Bills season tickets, so I only go to a handful of Sabres games every year, but I really want to be at that one.

Can you believe hockey will already be back in two-ish months? After missing a year, this offseason feels like it's flying by.
08-07-2006, 12:46 AM

hahah no kidding!

to think the day after i see HD in MTL i'll be sitting in the Scotiabank Place seeing game 2 of the Sens/Leafs battle..

october is gonna be friggin sweet
08-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Go to the Harvey show! I'll be there! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
EEEEEK I'm so excited! Smile

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
08-10-2006, 06:45 PM

I'll SOO be there!! keep an eye open for Ghostbusters!

Ghostbusters = Me
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM

I hear they're covering buenos tardes amigos by ween

Never open the door for a prairie dog.
08-11-2006, 06:58 AM

Warmeo Wrote:I'll SOO be there!! keep an eye open for Ghostbusters!

Ghostbusters = Me

Maybe up in Canada, but here in the states (or rather, the greater WNY area), Ghostbusters=Awesome. Awesome=Me.

Visit me or don't.