Poll: Should I buy a drum kit?
No way, stick with what you have
Yep go for it!
[Show Results]

Drums eh?
07-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Drums eh?
So i have a couple of guitars, an accordion and a keyboard- all of which i love dearly and play regularly. However, something within me (my love of music/ my need to bankrupt myself) calls out for a drum kit...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2006, 02:04 AM

You can never have too much music. Do it for the world.

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.
Find all posts by this user
07-24-2006, 09:53 AM

can you play them at all? I've tried for a while and can't pick it up for the life of me...
07-24-2006, 10:24 AM

Accordians are so fun!

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Re: Drums eh?
Phoenix Wrote:So i have a couple of guitars, an accordion and a keyboard- all of which i love dearly and play regularly. However, something within me (my love of music/ my need to bankrupt myself) calls out for a drum kit...
I'm sorry, but, I must reccomend a Vulcan harp or a bazantar.

I think, therfore I am a communist
07-25-2006, 03:46 AM

Ehee, accordions are absolutely awesome, actually all instruments are... but yeah i tried the drums once and i picked up a few rhythms okay... i just dont know if it's beneficial to spread my time across so many different instruments. I mean ok if i stuck to strings or something that wouldn't be so bad but to keep hopping from section to section, "tsk tsk" seems to be the general response...

phragit- there's a list, a long long list of instruments and the harp is on that list (shortly after drums and banjo) though this bazantar you speak of intrigues me- wiki doesnt seem to know much about it though...
07-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Of all the insturments in the world, the drums are just to complex for me.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
07-25-2006, 06:12 PM

Phoenix Wrote:Ehee, accordions are absolutely awesome, actually all instruments are... but yeah i tried the drums once and i picked up a few rhythms okay... i just dont know if it's beneficial to spread my time across so many different instruments. I mean ok if i stuck to strings or something that wouldn't be so bad but to keep hopping from section to section, "tsk tsk" seems to be the general response...

Yeah, that seems to be my problem. . . I want to play all sorts of instruments, and now that I can, I'm kindof ok on a bunch but not really really good at just one. Out of the ten years I've been playing violin, I still sound like I did in my fourth year. . .

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
11-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Re: Drums eh?
Phoenix Wrote:So i have a couple of guitars, an accordion and a keyboard- all of which i love dearly and play regularly. However, something within me (my love of music/ my need to bankrupt myself) calls out for a drum kit...
did you buy a kit?
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM

Heh no I didn't. I bought a banjo Big Grin
11-15-2006, 10:21 AM

Lunacy = Awesome

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
12-04-2006, 01:52 PM

Have you tried any horns?
Just wondering, and if you haven't I highly suggest the saxophone (preferably alto (lighter and slightly easier to play) or tenor(nicer sound IMO)), which is a great instrument applicable to many styles. Although, I know a lot of people have trouble with horns.
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Absolutley get some drums. Then use all those instruments and make symphonic indie pop.
04-11-2007, 07:59 AM

I have drums!!! They are shiny and blue and oh they make sweet sweet NOIIIIIISE!!
04-11-2007, 08:44 AM

sweet jesus.
and i dont mean agent zero.