Everclear is back!!
06-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Everclear is back!!
For those who have heard of the group Everclear, or even those who haven't... I highly suggest you check out their new very controversial music video of their new song "Hater."

CLICK HERE to see Everclear's new video, "Hater" on iFilm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2006, 07:46 PM

Yikes.

As much as I used to love ec, that song completely sucks. The only redeeming quality of the video is the background shots of downtown Portland.

Regardless of what Art calls his band now, everclear was the Greg/Craig/Art trio...
06-22-2006, 07:54 PM

This still counts as spam, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2006, 10:09 PM

Very. Extremely.
06-22-2006, 10:10 PM

yeah without the other guys i don't know if i can bring myself to listen to everclear's new incarnation...
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM

What was the name of that one song about how his father wasn't there for him?
06-22-2006, 11:51 PM

The one with all the "Oohs" and "Uhhs" in it. You know, that Everclear song.
06-22-2006, 11:53 PM

Oh, the one with the guitar?
06-22-2006, 11:59 PM

i swear on my mothers life this story is not a joke.

between my freshman and sophomore years of high school, i won free tickets to an everclear concert in downtown cleveland. it was hot, and absolutely packed out the door of this weird open air stage. there might have been upwards of 10,000 people there. i only knew two or three everclear songs at the time, the ones on the radio, but the tickets were free, and when youre 15, you jump on any available opportunity to see a live show.

well, after eve6 opened (THAT band review i wont even get into), everclear took the stage.

they started playing and played and played and played. i LOVED it. i was looking around at all my friends, vigorously shaking my head and laughing.

after about 25 or 30 minutes, i leaned over and yelled to one of my buddies, "isnt this hilarious?!?! i wonder how long theyre going to do this!"
my friend yelled back, "what the fuck are you talking about?"
"dude, you know. playing the same song over and over. ive never seen a band do this, its really funny!"
i meant it, it was funny. i thought it was exciting and different and unlike anything i had ever seen before in a live band. i didnt think it was 'haha' funny, but the type of funny when you see a piece of art that you completely understand and no one else does.
"santa," my friend said, "they arent playing the same song you idiot. this is like their tenth song. you fucking retard."

and that is the first day i contemplated suicide

L,

Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
06-23-2006, 12:03 AM

Independence/Indifference Wrote:i swear on my mothers life this story is not a joke.

between my freshman and sophomore years of high school, i won free tickets to an everclear concert in downtown cleveland. it was hot, and absolutely packed out the door of this weird open air stage. there might have been upwards of 10,000 people there. i only knew two or three everclear songs at the time, the ones on the radio, but the tickets were free, and when youre 15, you jump on any available opportunity to see a live show.

well, after eve6 opened (THAT band review i wont even get into), everclear took the stage.

they started playing and played and played and played. i LOVED it. i was looking around at all my friends, vigorously shaking my head and laughing.

after about 25 or 30 minutes, i leaned over and yelled to one of my buddies, "isnt this hilarious?!?! i wonder how long theyre going to do this!"
my friend yelled back, "what the fuck are you talking about?"
"dude, you know. playing the same song over and over. ive never seen a band do this, its really funny!"
i meant it, it was funny. i thought it was exciting and different and unlike anything i had ever seen before in a live band. i didnt think it was 'haha' funny, but the type of funny when you see a piece of art that you completely understand and no one else does.
"santa," my friend said, "they arent playing the same song you idiot. this is like their tenth song. you fucking retard."

and that is the first day i contemplated suicide

L,

Sean

oh my god. you're my hero.
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM

I wished I had been there with you till I thought about how their songs, I mean song, sounds.

I was at an Eve 6 show once because Absinthe Blind and VAST opened. Some Eve 6 fanboy kept pestering us for 'shrooms.
06-23-2006, 02:50 AM

... I um... I really liked Everclear. That video is shite but the song is ok. Not one of their better efforts but still, likeable.

Also, if you think Wonderful sounds the same as California King and that they both soun the same as Volvo Driving Soccer Mum... You're an idiot. Not even defending Everclear atisticlaly speaking it's just that they really do not all sound the same.

Just so you know.

Yes, clearly, I am a tard. Thank you. Goodnight.

I haven't sleapt in 24 hours and ... 19 minutes. Help me.
06-23-2006, 08:16 AM

this reminds me. i hope none of you from this board do this on other bands boards. dont give hd a bad rap

L,

Sean

06-23-2006, 10:41 AM

I don't think the spammer was pushing Everclear, I think it was pushing that site it linked to, ifilm.
06-23-2006, 11:15 AM

KidintheCarpetStore Wrote:I don't think the spammer was pushing Everclear.

okay, that makes one of us