The cause of and solution to all of life's problems
02-10-2006, 01:53 AM
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems
This is a thread about beer. Yes that's right, beer. I'm drunk right now so I'm creating a topic devoted to those splendid suds. I'm not a beer connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to see what others out there are enjoying. I myself am partial to darker beers, especially amber ales like Mac and Jack's African Amber and Alaskan Amber. My favorite beer of all time may be New Castle Nut Brown Ale...mmmmmm....So yeah, what do YOU like?

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2006, 06:08 AM

I'm an adopted Canuck, having lived so close to the border and all, so I'm partial to Molson Canadian/XXX. You can't get much better than Canadian beer, in my opinion. And wow, I am thoroughly hung over right now. For god knows what reason, I like to wake up extra early when I'm hung over. I've been up since freakin' 8.
02-10-2006, 06:20 AM

I'm really not fussy at all, although I tend to be a lager person. Normally a premium lager person, although if there is a full day of drinking I'll go for the less tasty, but less debilitating, lower strength ones.

I'm glad to see some love for Brown Ale (pronounce the Brown as Broon please, it's traditional) from the other side of the pond. Although the use of Nut to describe its colour disturbs me a little. I'm drinking this evening... mmm beer.

Love Potato
02-10-2006, 06:35 AM

Amber beer or darker is what usually tickles my fancy. I love Red Hook, as well as a Aviator Red from Flying Bison Brewery. Guiness, however, is one of my favs, for a dark draught. The Brooklyn Brewery does a mean chocolate stout, and Southerntier does a fantastic Old Man Winter ale and a great great Oatmeal Stout, the best I've tasted.

The darker the beer the better, I say. Just like my coffee.

Visit me or don't.
02-10-2006, 07:15 AM

I've never drank, but I just wanted to compliment TRM on his fantastic drunk typing.

My LBL bonus disc is Ethiopian.
[Image: Savetheday.gif]
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2006, 07:48 AM

Being underage, I'm the least fussy...

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
02-10-2006, 08:20 AM

Lone Star! The cheapest beer for the party on the fly. . . Yeah, I haven't had much time money or effort to find my favorite, but for a while I had a thing for Rolling Rock.

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
02-10-2006, 08:23 AM

I don't drink much, but if I do, I'll go for Dos Equis, Heineken (draft is best), and Budweiser Selects. I'm not exactly an expert, I just go for what does the trick and doesn't taste like total crap.
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM

I live in Brew City, baby!! We have more microbreweries here than we have traffic cops! (And believe me, we have a lot of traffic cops...)

So, barring all the brands like New Glarus, Lakefront Brewery, & Sprecher (although I think Sprecher has a reasonably big national presence) I am very partial to middle beers (not too dark or too light... I'm fussy). I hate India Pale Ales.

I love Spaten Optimator (insert umlaughts over many of the vowels. It'll help). Beck's Dark, St. Pauli Girl, and Smithwicks. I highly recommend pouring yourself a Smithwicks with lemonade on a hot summers day (if you're filling a pint glass with beer, leave about an inch on top for the lemonade).

Plus Schlitz, Pabst, and Blatz if you're broke.

And Strongbow.

I like beer.

Be seeing you...
-Flynn
"I forget what my friends look like, and they forget why they like me, but that's old hat. I'm so happy! How do you write about that?"
02-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Staropramen. Now there's a continental Lager for you. I tested a quantity of it this evening, and it appears to be delectable. It does appear to make me type inaccurately however. Fortunately it also makes me go slow enough to proof read. Umlauts make me feel sexy. Wait... sëxÿ. Yeah that's it. Real damn sëxÿ.

Love Potato
02-10-2006, 05:36 PM

I got so damn spoiled living in the NW/Portland for so long...such good beer. I've taken to carrying it onto the plane to bring its' tasty goodness to the SW :)

A few hard to get favs:
*McMennamins black/tans (Terminator-the stout and Ruby-raspberry). Normally not a fan of fruit beer, but the berry+stout is a winner
*Most anything from Lucky Labrador brewing.
*Most anything from Hair of the Dog brewing. (I guess dog beer is good...)
*Kokanee. As cheap as the really crappy beer, but much more drinkable...

More available faves:
*Rogue beers. Particularly the mocha porter, chocolate stout and dead guy ale.
*Bridgeport IPA.
*Redhook ESB.
*Full Sail amber and pale.
*Guinness.
*PBR (If I'm a little drunk already and feeling cheap).

...and probably a few more that I don't remember (wonder why? :)
02-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Magic Hat number anything, Rolling Rock for the cheap side.
My friend's dad brews his own beer deep in the woods of New Hampshire and it's pretty delish.
02-11-2006, 05:07 PM

You're all a bunch of drunks.

What about those of us who are potheads?

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.
02-11-2006, 05:50 PM

Thaske Wrote:You're all a bunch of drunks.

What about those of us who are potheads?

You saying the two are mutually exclusive?
02-11-2006, 06:45 PM

Thaske Wrote:What about those of us who are potheads?

Well that's a lot better in the NW as well...