Tell me a joke.
02-09-2006, 11:54 PM

How was copper wire invented?

Two Jews were fighting over a penny.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM

Isn't the point of jokes that they're supposed to be funny? You know, make you actually laugh...?
02-10-2006, 09:45 AM

Nope, that's the point of comedy, accidental humour, and footballs hitting peoples groins. Jokes have nothing to do with these things. The point of jokes is to make you want to hurt the person telling them.

Love Potato
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Really? Then that makes me a great joke teller :lol:

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
02-11-2006, 06:13 PM

Malicid Wrote:Really? Then that makes me a great joke teller :lol:

Pulling out is no fun. Just wrap your weiner. When in doubt, saran wrap it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2006, 03:48 AM

Flynn Wrote:What did the Zen Master say to the hot dog vendor?

Make me one with everything.

Thank you Flynn, for restoring my faith in mankind inbetwixt the slew of entirely disgusting and tasteless jokes.

Actually, the Feminism one made me giggle as well.
02-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Agent Zero Wrote:Thank you Flynn, for restoring my faith in mankind inbetwixt the slew of entirely disgusting and tasteless jokes.

Actually, the Feminism one made me giggle as well.

Happy to be of service!

There's a sequel to the joke that's nowhere near as funny: The hotdog vendor made a hotdog for the Zen master, and the master paid with a five dollar bill. The vendor smiled, put the bill in his pocket, and began to move his cart away. The Zen master stopped him and inquired about his change. The vendor replied, "but master, does not change come from within?"

Be seeing you...
-Flynn
"I forget what my friends look like, and they forget why they like me, but that's old hat. I'm so happy! How do you write about that?"
02-13-2006, 10:18 AM

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Because she's a woman.

And there you go, I've created a temporal paradox. A minor one, I hope.
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Why can't Hellen Keller drive?

Because she's dead.
02-13-2006, 12:38 PM

Johnny Sarcastic Wrote:Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Because she's a woman.
That made me take a break from worrying about something and laugh aloud.

Never saw the truck coming.
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM

junker Wrote:Why can't Hellen Keller drive?

Because she's dead.

I don't get it.

And there you go, I've created a temporal paradox. A minor one, I hope.
02-14-2006, 12:00 AM

Johnny Sarcastic Wrote:I don't get it.
In Heaven you get a Rolls-Royce, and in Hell you get an Edsel, but in Purgatory you have to wait. So it's funny she must be in Purgatory.
02-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because the side it came from was on fire.

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
02-14-2006, 10:30 PM

Two men are standing at a table, and at the center of the table sits a small glass of water. The first man, a Christian, insists that the object is called a cup. The second man, Islamic, disagrees and insists that the object isn't called a cup, but is called something completely different. A Buddhist walks to the men and grabs the glass off a table, takes a sip and sets it back down, asking "Does it really matter what it's called? Why can't you just drink from it?"

It's not really a joke, but a good friend of mine made that up with a co-worker the other day, and I thought it was awesome.

02-15-2006, 03:34 PM

Malicid Wrote:Two men are standing at a table, and at the center of the table sits a small glass of water. The first man, a Christian, insists that the object is called a cup. The second man, Islamic, disagrees and insists that the object isn't called a cup, but is called something completely different. A Buddhist walks to the men and grabs the glass off a table, takes a sip and sets it back down, asking "Does it really matter what it's called? Why can't you just drink from it?"

It's not really a joke, but a good friend of mine made that up with a co-worker the other day, and I thought it was awesome.

Better -

Two men are standing at a table arguing about God.
The first is a Christian and he says "There is only one God, he created all and he watches over all. Everything would not work if there were more Gods, they would disagree and the world would not continue to existance as it is"
The second is a pagan and says "There are many gods and spirits, one for each individual aspect of existance"
A Budhist monk comes in and kicks their asses with his kung fu skillz.

Moral of the story: Budhists are so awesome.