I need a yearbook quotation.
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I need a yearbook quotation.
I figure this is the most well-informed group of music aficionados to ask.

Presently it's the "The airport's always almost empty this time of the year" line from the Weakerthans' "Watermark," but it ain't perfect.

Blehhh...

Twice you burned your life's work.
Once to start a new life, and once just to start a fire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2006, 10:06 PM

My senior yearbook quote was the line in my sig.
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM

Ohhhhhhhh, you've come to the right place. Big Grin

My quote was, "When I was young and people asked me what I would be when I grew up, I always had an answer. A power ranger. A ninja turtle. Your mom. But now I realize that, although I can easily become a power ninja turtle ranger, I'll never be capable of passing a child. And I cry."

My best friend's quote was, "I'd like to take this time to bestow some sage advice upon my fellow actors. In the future, all actors will be robots, and all plays will be acted out in space, or possibly on top of a very tall mountain. And as you go forth into the world, your duty is clear: To build and maintain those robots."

Here are some we wanted to do, but deemed too short:

"I'd just like to say that I'm really sorry to all the people I've upset and children I've eaten over these last four wonderful years. Someday, when you are all parents, you'll understand."

"I used to wonder what people meant when they’d laugh and say, “Oh, you’ll bury us all!” But now I understand. It means that I am immortal, and when I get out of college I'm going to be a gravedigger."

"In conclusion, I hate all of you."

The list goes on, if you want more.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2006, 12:17 AM

i just wrote, "Have a summer!" because things are only witty for so long.

L,
Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
01-23-2006, 07:29 AM

You're talking about the senior quote, right? Take it from me, putting in a quote from a song or a shout out to your friends is what EVERYONE does. And while it may hold meaning to you now, looking back on it in five to ten years, you'll just be another name in the pages. Which is why you should take the time to write something fantastically ridiculous and never look back.

In ten years, when people from my class look in their yearbooks to see their quote, and read mine and my friends', they will say, "These men are clearly batshit insane. I wonder what they're doing now?"

So you see, you're not just weirding people out, you're building a legacy. Of weirding people out.

01-23-2006, 09:18 AM

good point myrrth

L,
Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
01-23-2006, 10:40 AM

hmmm, I'm taking all this into account...

01-23-2006, 11:00 AM

I quoted The Dismemberment Plan:

"And sometimes that music drifts through my car on a spring night when anything is possible and I close my eyes and I nod my head and I wonder how you've been and I count to a hundred and ten, 'cause you'll always be my hero, even if I never see you again."

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
01-23-2006, 02:17 PM

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is probably these are probably the only words of mine that most of you will ever read or hear so I'd like to take the opportunity to say this: I hate you all. Each and every one of you. Yes, even little Jimmy. No it's not because I'm racist. You're racist. Yeah well your mum's racist. And that is the undeniable truth. In short: Buy low, sell high and remember that wearing sunglasses at night doesn't so much never go out of style as never come in"
01-24-2006, 09:55 AM

Hegel says somewhere that all great events and personalities in world history reappear in one fashion or another. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second as farce-Karl Marx

Religion...is the opium of the people-Karl Marx

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.-Mao Tse-tung

Civilization has made the peasantry its pack animal. The bourgeoisie in the long run only changed the form of the pack-Leon Trotsky

The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small nations like prostitutes-Stanley Kubrick

As a human being, one has been endowed with just enough intelligence to be able to see clearly how utterly inadequate that intelligence is when confronted with what exists-Albert Einstein

I think, therfore I am a communist
01-24-2006, 01:02 PM

"Disassociate if you can't support it, don't try on the suit if you can't afford it."
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM

ishmael Wrote:I quoted The Dismemberment Plan:

"And sometimes that music drifts through my car on a spring night when anything is possible and I close my eyes and I nod my head and I wonder how you've been and I count to a hundred and ten, 'cause you'll always be my hero, even if I never see you again."

I had thought about that one!! I axed it because I'm too awkward to put any quotation containing "you'll always be my hero" in a yearbook, but I do love that one.

01-28-2006, 12:47 AM

"In loving memory of my virginity, I hardly knew you but you were always there. Until last week."

01-28-2006, 06:04 AM

"Just because it's meta doesn't make it any better."

My LBL bonus disc is Ethiopian.
[Image: Savetheday.gif]
01-28-2006, 04:29 PM

BiggerProblems Wrote:"Just because it's meta doesn't make it any betta."

get it right!

the meanest grandfather lives the longest.