Harvey Danger Forums
nelson sings nilsson - Printable Version

+- Harvey Danger Forums (http://www.harveydanger.com/bb)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Thrilling Conversations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: nelson sings nilsson (/showthread.php?tid=17965)

nelson sings nilsson - AnExtraInSomeBackground - 05-26-2017 10:25 PM

ive been without a computer for far too long, and as a result, i just noticed that the album he put up on soundcloud is no longer there.

did anyone happen to rip it while it was up? i gotta listen to something new because im losing my mind.

thanks in advance for any help!

RE: nelson sings nilsson - AnExtraInSomeBackground - 05-28-2017 08:49 PM

i also forgot to mention - i see a link on ticketfly for a nelson sings nilsson show in new york, sunday aug 7th - $10. i certainly will not be able to make that show, but, should anyone in these boards be around & able to record..? would love to see anything pop up on this interweb.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - AnExtraInSomeBackground - 05-28-2017 09:10 PM

^ nevermind that. just saw the link that my friend actually brought up. it...was for 6yrs ago. no wonder why it seemed strange for that kind of show to pop up out of nowhere..

.. man, whatever happened to the 'edit' function on posts..?

would love to edit myself out of existence really quick.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - lecanardnon - 05-29-2017 12:22 PM

(05-26-2017 10:25 PM)AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:  ive been without a computer for far too long, and as a result, i just noticed that the album he put up on soundcloud is no longer there.

I feel like that soundcloud was only up for a few days several years back... I never caught it online.

Several NsN tracks were in the Make Good Choices USB companion thing, maybe 4 of them. Was the the whole thing, or were there more?

RE: nelson sings nilsson - Dr. Myrrth Sicopath - 05-30-2017 04:45 PM

(05-29-2017 12:22 PM)lecanardnon Wrote:  Several NsN tracks were in the Make Good Choices USB companion thing, maybe 4 of them. Was the the whole thing, or were there more?

I'm looking through the USB and I don't see any NSN in here. Could be I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I assume it'd be in "Bedroom Adjacent (solo piano covers)" which has the following tracks

15 Stop Breathin'
Angel From Montgomery
Baby Plays Around
Best Days
I Tried To Leave You
India Song
Last Boat Leaving
Let Tomorrow Bee
Old Man
Poor Napoleon
Sorry Somehow 1
Waiting My Turn
When I'm Out Of Town

RE: nelson sings nilsson - joedecarolis - 08-26-2017 06:46 AM

i was wondering about this recently too and found some youtube playlists out there with the songs. i'm still hoping to find an actual download of the tracks, though. the youtube streams are good, and i can rip them for my ipod, but there's quality loss there. just trying to get everything in the highest quality all the time!

RE: nelson sings nilsson - NewGirl - 08-26-2017 07:28 AM

i could have sworn there were Nelson Sings Nilsson tracks on the USB, although it's possible I just moved the tracks I had onto it at some point.

This link contains "Daddy's Song," "Gotta Get Up," and "Miss Butter's Lament."

I also remember other Nilsson tracks popping up in various formats but I don't have anything else. I swear there was once a myspace video of him playing "Think About Your Troubles," but no luck tracking that down. Youtube does have a handful of other NSN tracks probably from the former soundcloud link.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - joedecarolis - 08-28-2017 05:14 PM

(08-26-2017 07:28 AM)NewGirl Wrote:  i could have sworn there were Nelson Sings Nilsson tracks on the USB, although it's possible I just moved the tracks I had onto it at some point.

This link contains "Daddy's Song," "Gotta Get Up," and "Miss Butter's Lament."

I also remember other Nilsson tracks popping up in various formats but I don't have anything else. I swear there was once a myspace video of him playing "Think About Your Troubles," but no luck tracking that down. Youtube does have a handful of other NSN tracks probably from the former soundcloud link.

thank you!

RE: nelson sings nilsson - lecanardnon - 08-28-2017 08:22 PM

(08-26-2017 06:46 AM)joedecarolis Wrote:  i was wondering about this recently too and found some youtube playlists out there with the songs.

For what it's worth, I hadn't realized that someone with original rips had uploaded to YT so for others here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6vNo_ReAU0&index=1&list=PLIHarTJDLkQIcakYZXrhpMN9OoyUj2K55

This is great, I missed the Soundcloud wayyy back and thought I'd never hear these.

Re: quality loss, probably so, but any you can find will have at some point been ripped from Soundcloud, right? I don't think anyone but Sean has an actual full quality version of the full album?

RE: nelson sings nilsson - NewGirl - 08-29-2017 01:57 PM

this applies in part to Nelson Sings Nilsson, although there's some crossover to other recent requests i think, and there's gotta be a few people out there who've yet to hear this great set and are also probably checking every active thread herein, so... here in this link lies a live set at Spaceland from 2007.

there are some NSN tracks, HD tracks, and other misc. Sean Nelson favorites. the album's artwork lists the artist as Sean Nelson & His Mortal Enemies which for the record i always thought was better than just plain ol' Sean Nelson. this totally fucked up my last.fm stats back in the day, but, luckily, that don't matter no more.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - joedecarolis - 08-29-2017 04:13 PM

thanks for that set as well!

i miss last.fm. the obsessive data collector in me loved having all those statistics readily available. and every year i liked comparing my "best of" list with the numbers of what i actually listened to the most.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - joedecarolis - 08-29-2017 04:15 PM

(08-28-2017 08:22 PM)lecanardnon Wrote:  Re: quality loss, probably so, but any you can find will have at some point been ripped from Soundcloud, right? I don't think anyone but Sean has an actual full quality version of the full album?

i wasn't sure if the initial soundcloud page allowed downloads or not. the youtube videos have a note saying something like "uploaded in HD" so it made me think the uploader had high quality files. this could all be in my head though!

RE: nelson sings nilsson - lecanardnon - 08-29-2017 09:41 PM

(08-29-2017 04:15 PM)joedecarolis Wrote:  the youtube videos have a note saying something like "uploaded in HD"

FWIW, when i ripped those youtube videos the other day with an app that offers an "original" quality setting for the audio, the resulting mp3s were at 128kbps, which is not awesome. my ears and equipment are both too old to make any keen judgement, but probably fair to say that source is not CD quality. As to the original soundcloud, good point-- I have no idea, I missed it entirely when it was up.

RE: nelson sings nilsson - innerturmoil - 09-08-2017 08:59 PM

(08-29-2017 01:57 PM)NewGirl Wrote:  this applies in part to Nelson Sings Nilsson, although there's some crossover to other recent requests i think, and there's gotta be a few people out there who've yet to hear this great set and are also probably checking every active thread herein, so... here in this link lies a live set at Spaceland from 2007.

there are some NSN tracks, HD tracks, and other misc. Sean Nelson favorites. the album's artwork lists the artist as Sean Nelson & His Mortal Enemies which for the record i always thought was better than just plain ol' Sean Nelson. this totally fucked up my last.fm stats back in the day, but, luckily, that don't matter no more.

That was my recording, and the Nilsson song my request.

To my recollection, he did play Brooklyn Bridge somewhere in the middle of the set, but i had to cut it out due to a problem...

RE: nelson sings nilsson - joedecarolis - 09-10-2017 07:09 AM

That recording is excellent. Been listening to it a lot since it was posted. Thanks!